KGC recognizes the importance of effective construction management in ensuring the success of any project. To achieve this, we are pleased to provide state-of-the-art 3D laser scanning services that enhance safety, reduce project costs, and eliminate measurement errors.
3D Laser Scanning Explained
Our team at KGC employs the latest 3D laser scanning technology to offer the most precise 3D scanning and modeling services available today. When conducting a 3D laser scan, we use a device that records geometric data of the surrounding infrastructure. This device can be mounted on a tripod, allowing for its placement in virtually any location. Once in place, it emits a Class 1 laser beam that captures almost one million data points per second.
As the laser reflects off visible infrastructure, the device determines the location and distances between points to obtain accurate spatial measurements. The dataset we collect represents a series of points referred to as the point cloud, which we utilize to generate the most precise 3D model of your building possible with today's technology. Our device also uses an integrated camera to overlay color images onto the points, enabling us to produce photorealistic 3D models of your facility.
Precise Project Management Coordination Our 3D laser scanning solutions eliminate measurement errors and communication gaps on the job site. By offering project coordinators with accurate and comprehensive 3D as-built documentation, our clients can optimize prefabrication, expedite job site survey time, and minimize the overall number of required site visits. This helps to decrease the risk of last-minute construction change orders, create a centralized source of project information and measurements, and obtain photorealistic project visualization and spatial conceptualization.
3D Laser Scanning Applications
Our 3D laser scanning and modeling services have numerous applications, including:
- As-Built Drawings
- Pre-Plan Renovations and Retrofits
- Construction Progress Tracking
- Improved Project Coordination
- Preconstruction Clash Detection
- Quality Control
- Reverse Engineering
- Marketing Materials
- Facility Management
Challenges Addressed by Our 3D Laser Scanning Services
By leveraging our in-house laser scanning solutions on your next construction project, you can:
- Expedite job site survey time
- Reduce the overall number of required site visits
- Decrease the risk of last-minute construction change orders
- Create a centralized source of project information and measurements
- Obtain photorealistic project visualization and spatial conceptualization
- Validate construction through quality assurance and quality control
- Lessen the number of requests for information (RFIs)
- Meet or even shorten overall project timelines
- Streamline site logistics and communication
- Facilitate construction project sequencing
- Answer unforeseen questions
- Reduce overall project costs
- Enhance job site safety
- Minimize shutdown times
- Eliminate measurement errors
Book a 3D Laser Scan of Your Facility Today
If you believe that your next construction project can benefit from the precision and efficiency provided by KGC's 3D laser scanning services, get in touch with our team now. We will give you a firsthand demonstration of how having an accurate 3D model of your facility infrastructure can enhance every stage of the construction process, from preconstruction and engineering to procurement, installation, and commissioning. Allow us to support you in improving your project's safety, accuracy, and cost-effectiveness.